Friday, July 1, 2011

Kai mea

It is surreal to see the kids you played with when you're little become Mommies and Daddies. The first time I had this feeling was when Danah had Sydni in 2001. I remember coming over and watching her two-day old baby. "All she does is sleep all day." Danah said. We talked about how many years we sat on that very same carpet and now there is a baby laying there. Now Sydni is about the age when Danah and I started hanging out. aiyaiyai!

So I got this feeling again when I met Nate and Myya's baby, Kai. As kids I remember when Aunty Karen had Jacob and Jared. When I saw Kai for the first time, I saw Jacob and Jared as babies. At that time Isaac was a toddler. Ronnie, Nate and I were 13, 12 and 11.

So... A few months after Nate them went home, another friend and his wife, had their first. Rob's another long-time buddy of all of us (Danah, Nate and I). Talk about surreal... except I found myself cracking up more. Rob having a kid was just plain weird.

Here's some pictures of when the Yoons came down.
Waimea Bay
Ana Lisa 

Kai meet kekai
sandy toes
surfer gurl
Isaac
best beach... so much to do!
We have this pic on our fridge

Kai always smiles for Aunty Tania
Waimea Falls Park
Myya, Nate and Kai
first pineapple

Come back Yoon! Lol!