Thursday, September 6, 2012

PREL

At my PREL (Pacific Resource for Education and Learning) meeting today, I met the teacher responsible for putting these pacific languages children's books out. 
 She asked why I own these books, I told her about my volunteer work and how I am learning Chuukese. 
 Then I called my two Chuukese friends who are also teachers here. I love this picture!  
Another exciting part of my day was my lunch break... Ardel took me to the Filipino Festival down the street! I was a little surprised. It turns out, its a store is called, Filipino Festival Marketplace! 
I've never seen a place like it in Hawaii! They had fresh seafoods, fresh cut meats, and cheap organic veggies. 

Later that night, Ardel had us come over for some Filipino food. 

Pinakbet



Pancit


 I made smoked salmon with sweet onions, radish sprouts, tomatoes, tobiko and ponzu. 

Their puppy was so cute and so tiny. 
Aki and pup


 Avery played a song for us. 
 Now Travis. 
 Now Yuka! 


 I was able to play ukulele chords on the guitar. 
"Life without End at Last"
puppy love



Adios!